Friday, March 28, 2008

Top Ten Reasons I Might Be Getting Old

The top ten reasons I think I might be getting old. In no particular order. I mean seriously, if you don't have kids why do you have to get old?

1. It's Friday night. I'm surfing online at 9:30 and waiting until it gets to be "late enough to go to bed." Which at this point is 10:00 p.m. or maybe 9:45 if I finish this blog by then.

2. I turned down an offer to go watch movies with friends tonight because they weren't starting until 8:30 p.m.

3. I thought the friends lived too "far" away. West Jordan. But upon further reflection I hope this is a continuation of being a "Sugarhouse Snob" NOT because I am old.

4. I've had 6 Dr. visits since January and two more in the next two weeks. (I'm hoping that since I had surgery in mid-February, this counts as "post op" and not old age.)

5. I bought TWO season tickets to the opera this year and am contemplating getting them for the symphony.

6. I'm spring cleaning my house. Which includes washing walls and the consideration of a carpet cleaner.

7. I carry a bag to church and I don't have any Sunday callings or "children or tids or titty tats". For those of you non-conversant in "baby daniel" that is "children, kids or kitty cats".

8. I have more great-neices and great-nephews that most of my friends have neices and nephews. (A total of 8 if Corinne would get a move on.)

9. I watch the news (for the weather report) more than any other tv program.

10. I have "doillies" (or some other form of linen stuff) on 2 of the 3 pieces of furniture in my living room. Not to mention the linen table cloth on the wall in the living room, the framed baby bib my grandma crocheted in my living room, the large red doillie on the in the dining room or the framed lace my grandma made in my office at work.

6 comments:

Corinne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

Hey! I just want you to know that I am moving as fast as I possibly can! So sorry for slowing the great neice and nephew count down! Just kidding. Well, I wanted to let you know that my sister decided to look at your blog randomly off of mine, and she thought your story about your white pants and your "roary" boots was hillariouse(did I spell that right?). She added you to her favorite bloggers just so she could get a good laugh once in a while. Keep up the good work!

The Gray Team said...

yes you are old, but just remember, you will never be as old as me!

Dennis said...

Yeah, Katie Couric is my date every night at 6 p.m. when I get home (thanks TiVo). She's done by 6:30 and definitely won't venture to West Jordan either. We live a contented life.

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

I feel that is one of the most significant information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some normal things,
The website style is ideal, the articles is in point of fact nice :
D. Excellent activity, cheers

Look at my web page cellulite treatment reviews