Friday, July 18, 2008

When Did I Become An Accountant?

It has been incredibly busy at work. My boss and I have been working on our budget for next year. This the first time that we have done the budget by ourselves without the assistance of two former employees (who did alot of the work before). And we did it in 3 1/2 weeks instead of the normal 8 weeks that it usually takes. In addition we are moving to new offices. So it has been a bit frantice over the last month. The question I keep asking myself each day is:
1. When did I get a degree in accounting because I think I would have remembered that.
2. Did someone really put ME to work on a $6 million budget? I mean Sally had to drag (and I mean that literally) thru math in High School and College...so whose bright idea was this.
3. I really don't get paid enough to do math.

So to all those accountants out there, (I seem to know quite a few when I stop and think about it). Please come and take your job back...I don't want it.

4 comments:

highdeekay said...

Sorry babe, now that you've succeeded, the job will be yours forevermore. (Me and computers comes to mind...)

Charlotte said...

Awww come on. Accountants ROCK! If you can be one without going through the agony of getting an accounting degree, more power to you!

The Gray Team said...

They let you be in charge of how much money? By yourself? Well almost by yourself? They really are crazy!

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com

Tip 1: Research, research and R E S E A R C H! Yes,element is always an absolute must have it is certainly plausible and this eff0ort not only can they make dramatically easier for more information regarding publish quality stories, articles,nited kingdom so many more down going to be the road. Your research not only can they facilitate you to educate yourself regarding understand what going to be the readers are are you looking for and this not only can they offer all your family dozens ideas for more information regarding write about!