Monday, August 4, 2008

Inevitable

After taking my mother on a 4 day roadtrip, I even more firmly believe that it is INEVITABLE that I will be crazy someday. Hopefully, far away in the future. But I'm afraid it's closer than I think.

While on said roadtrip, we had a great time tracking down some pioneer trail sites and going to a show in Jackson Hole.

However, on the last day of the trip I awoke to the following conversation:

Mom: "Did you use the bathroom last night?" (very accusatory tone of voice)

Me: "Yes" (somewhat confused)

Mom: "Why did you change the toilet paper roll around?" (again very accusatory)

Me: "What do you mean, change the toiler paper roll?" (There were 2 brand new rolls in the bathroom the night before upon check in. I thought it was strange that we would need to change the roll. I knew I hadn't used that much toilet paper.

Mom: "Well, somebody went in the bathroom last night and put the toilet paper on 'backwards' and left it so that when I went to the bathroom it all fell off the roll and puddled up on the floor."

And since apparently it couldn't have been the maids who clean the room who "put the roll on backwards"...it was obviously me who had time to do that in the middle of the night!!

1 comment:

The Gray Team said...

Yep you will be crazy, but that's o.k., you and sally can do it together and have a ball!