Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

My friend, Charlotte, tagged me to write 6 unspectacular (otherwise known as quirky) personal qualities about myself. Here the tag rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

(I think she only did this because she is looking for a good laugh and she knows that I am border line crazy.)

1. I love cemetaries. Especially really old ones. I go on vacations just to visit cemetaries. I visit cemetaries when I don't even have relatives buried there. I spent an entire morning at the cemetary in Venice last year (I took at least 50 photo's of masoleums/headstones). What can I say, I love cemetaries. I'm on my way to England on Friday. We will spend the first 4 days doing almost nothing but Stonehenge and cemetaries. Heaven.

2. I adore buying shoes. I have alot. Sometimes I buy super fabulous shoes that aren't my size.

3. Curiosity killed the cat was a written about me. I once bought a "bucket of dirt" on ebay "guaranteed" to have "genuine" Australian Opals in it. (I didn't really expect to get opals, I just wanted to see if they would really mail me a bucket of dirt...sadly, no. Just a ziplock bag with about 4 or 5 dirty rocks in it.) Who knows, it could have been treasure.

4. When I was a child, I convinced my nephew and my little sister that we should dig a swimming pool in the back yard because my dad wouldn't get a real one installed. I don't even like to swim. (This was a very BAD idea...the parentals did NOT approve.)

5. My mom made my sister and I dolls (Raggedy Ann & Andy) for Christmas a few years ago. Now when we go home to visit, we both bring the dolls with us and make her "tend" them. She is also required to buy them Christmas presents so she doesn't hurt her "grandchildren's" feelings.

6. When I used to have to travel with my old boss (she is now retired), I would volunteer to book our plane tickets. Then I book our seats on completely opposite ends of the plane and let her think they were the only seats available. This is simply because she ALWAYS wanted to talk about work. I like to read on planes. And not about work.

Do we have to stop? This is really fun. And I could make a really, really, really long list.

Now for the tagging part...since 2 of the 4 people I know with blogs were either a) the person who tagged me or b) tagged by the person who tagged me. I will only be tagging 3 people - Erin, Corinne & Lisa J. (if she has a blog, not really sure).

2 comments:

The Gray Team said...

I'll try, but I'm not nearly funny quirky as you are!

Charlotte said...

I KNEW you wouldn't disappoint me!