Monday, August 18, 2008

Marriage Proposal

So last night at a neighborhood block party I was hosting, I got a marriage proposal. I will add this to my list of proposals. (By far it is my favorite so far!)

I have a friend in my ward named Caleb. Caleb and I sit next to each other in Sacrament Meeting most Sundays and cuddle. He likes to share my pashmina (fancy name for shawl). He thinks it's a "blankie". He likes to play with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus finger puppets in my bag and he thinks I have bring good snacks for him. Sometimes he lounges in my lap. Caleb is about 4 years old.

Last night his dad found me at the block party and asked if I had seen Caleb yet. I said no. He then started laughing and told me that Caleb was going to ask me to marry him. Apparently on the walk over to my house, Caleb wanted to know where they were going. When the parents told him to my house, he was very excited. Then he said to his dad, "She doesn't have a husband right?" (we've had this conversation at least twice...he's very concerned that I don't have a husband and/or children.) His dad answered that he was correct. Then he announced, "well, I'm going to ask her to marry me. I mean if I don't do it who is going to?"

Sure enough, a little while later, here comes Caleb. And sure enough, he asked me to marry him. I told him he needed to get all grown up and then if he still wanted to marry me, he could ask me again. To which he replied, "Ok." and went back to playing with his friends.

Priceless.

And really, why wouldn't that be my favorite proposal...the other two were a) a drunk man at the restaurant where I wait tables and b) a guy in the laundry mat in Logan who had a "vision" when I walked in that we were "supposed" to get married. I really don't know why I haven't said yes.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Priceless! I love it!

The Gray Team said...

That is just way too cute!!

highdeekay said...

Awesome. I bet you can't wait until he's all grown up!

Corinne said...

I think a 4-year-old husband would be great! What a cute story. I love your story about the toilet paper roll as well. I'm pretty sure your right that you have no choice but to go absolutely crazy when you are old. By the way, according to Granny, Vivian is way behind because she is a whole four months old and she can't sit up yet.. . after all if she is going to catch up with JoAnne walking at 7 months, she better get a move on!

Priamos Family said...

Hey Lyn! It's Annaliese (Allen), Brad & Dantzelle's daughter. I blogstalked you via Corinne's blog. So fun to read of your adventures! I LOVE the 4-year old proposal! He sounds so cute! Hope life is treating you well!

Take care- Annaliese

PS- Here's our family blog if you want to take a peek: http://www.priamosfamily.blogspot.com